Valentine's Day


Justin and I spent a romantic weekend in Tucson over Valentine's weekend. We drove in on Saturday, did a little shopping in the afternoon, and then had an early dinner at North. The restaurant is absolutely fabulous-- the best meal I've had in a long time. I started with a mozzarella, basil, tomato salad-- now I've had this Caprice salad many times, but North's version is easily the best one I've ever tasted. The balsamic vinegar they use is awesome...I need to find a bottle of it! The main entree was very good- a crab and shrimp fettuccine. But the dessert course was so delicious! It was a vanilla bean panna cota that was so very smooth and decadent-- perfection! Justin's food was also delicious, but I think mine was better :) Seriously, when we go back to Tucson again, we're going to this restaurant. It's self described at modern northern italian food. The decor was very trendy-- reminded me of Miami.

After dinner, we headed to our hotel. We stayed at Ventana Canyon, which is the same hotel we stayed on our wedding night. Justin's parents treated us (as a fifth wedding anniversary gift) to the celebration package, which included a fabulous room with gorgeous view, champagne, and chocolate covered strawberries!

The best part was sleeping in without any interruptions from the little people, also known as Andrew and Eva, since they stayed with Grandma and Grandpa.

No comments: